We have 2 DeWalt kits and 1 Milwaukee kit. Both makes are 18Volts, here is our experience...

Drill - Both are very good. But we feel the DeWalt drill has the edge.

Sawzall - Mil is much better. Love the way the handle swivels.

Circular Saw - Mil is built better and stronger. Looks and cuts wood more like a corded saw. The DeWalt looks like a toy.

Flashlight - Dewalt is nicer with the funtional snake-style handle. You can hang, wrap and position this thing almost anywhere.

Radio - Mil has better sound and neat digital tuning. BUT the dewalt has onboard battery recharging and has proved to be extremely handy.

Battery - For some reason, the Mil needs more frequent recharging. Also, I don't know if its a problem with just our kit, but to take the battery off of any of the Mil tools can be quite challenging sometimes. For whatever reason, the thing jams into place and sometimes need two guys to remove the thing. Very frustrating. The DeWalts batterys remove much easier and seem to need less frequent recharging.

Overall, I don't think you can go wrong with either one, pretty much a matter of preference.

Personally, I favour the DeWalt line only because I have had very good experience with them. I still have my 5 year old 18V Dewalt Hammerdrill still in service with original batteries and still going strong. The thing has been throughly used, dropped and abused. Just last year I replaced the brushes and the thing still runs like brand new.