Quote
Nailing nonmetallic (plastic) boxes and screwing metal boxes to metal studs.

Drilling wooden studs or punching metal studs for raceways or Nonmetallic Sheathed Cables (Romex.)

Nailing recessed lights to joists

Moving electrical equipment, materials and tools.

Unboxing lighting fixtures.

Andy (Cavo148) - I've got to (partially) disagree with you on this one.

While I'd love to see these fall under the "licensed EC required" portion (if only for the $$), as long as the person performing these tasks understands how to position the items in question, and the fact the fastening needs to be done in a workmanlike manner (meeting NEC req's about interior protrusion, etc), why couldn't an apprentice do these tasks w/o direct visual supervision?

I'll yield on the actual physical installation and connection of current carrying components, and their associated fittings (connectors, bonding pigtails, running NM, securing NM, mounting panels, etc)

I'm also willing to concede that, even with marked heights / depths and locations,[story stick thread [Linked Image]] a truly clueless App or helper might goof on the physical installation of boxes or cans.

But moving supplies?

Unboxing fixtures?

I need to directly supervise my helpers, or hire a Licensed EC to do these tasks?

Of course, I could be misunderstanding your use of "direct supervision"...

Couldn't supervision be achieved through the EC reviewing the work performed by his subordinates?

[This message has been edited by DougW (edited 03-10-2004).]