Welcome AU miner.
![[Linked Image]](https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/smile.gif)
I only have a couple of things I can add to your post.
It sounds to me like you are from the New England Area as what you describe is what we in this area are required to do.
The fact is in many areas of the country there is no licensing or less stringent licensing then around my area (MA).
None of this is directly an NEC issue, licensing is the domain of the states and or local governments.
I am happy to work in states with mandated licensing and more recently registered apprentices.
That said it certainly can get cloudy even here with what should and should not be done by non electricians and apprentices.
Can I hire a labor to drill all the holes to put my wires through.
No? well I hire outside contractors all the time to core cement decks for me to run pipes through.
After the laborer drills all the holes to pull the wires through why can't they pull the cables from point to point and then I have apprentices cut them into boxes.
I get to jobs quite often that the site contractor has run the underground electrical pipes on the site.
Is that right?
My only point here is there is not a black and white answer to what must be done by whom.
And this is in an area that has licensing enforcement.
Bob