Gentlemen:

LK brought up the NOW 34 hours of CE in NJ, a 'big' jump from the 10 hour previous requirement. (1 HR of LAW, 9 of NEC Changes)

Yes, as a EC, the 10 was a 'pain', and the 34 is worse (aside from the 24 for AHJ + 16 for Sub-Code)........BUT

It's amazing how many EC's don't know, or pretend they don't know the LAW PART.

It's more amazing how many EC's claim "I Didn't know that changed" when the State (NJ) adopts and enforces the new edition of the NEC.

I know this first hand, as I work as a PT AHJ, so I see both sides of the fence.

The added 24 can be a burden if you go at it with that attitude. It COULD be a good experience if you give it a chance. You reap what you sow........

Now, as to the 'guys' doing the CE classes, yes they do it for a profit, why would they not?? Some of the guys make a living by doing electrical courses; contractor prep, one-on-one, inspector prep, CE, etc.

If no one makes the effort to teach, no one will be taught, and we may have to import 'sparkies' from the far east to do the job, to go along with all the 'outsorceing' that's hurting the economy.

Now, I'll get of my soap box & get back to the paperwork.

John


John