yes bob most power compaines do have automatic cutoff switching devices but there are some area have to engerzed by manually for safety reason and also when get some power surge espcally with hevey loaded lines expect some of the cut off fuse or breakers to kick out and some reclosers will cycle up to 4 time before locked out that why some peoples can see light came on then go out for a few sec then back on due the recloser cycling if too much current going tru especally with hevey loaded transmmion lines it dont matter what voltage it willbe and alot of power company do have big bullten board or large map where all the lines run and some have with display lights to tell which one is on or off or locked out and with today techolgy more recloser and few other cutoff devices can controled by computer now i know my area after power outage the recloser will delay for few sec before closing to make sure the voltage is on line ( on line side) before enegerized

sorry for long winding chat here but need more let me know i will try to set up the seperate thread if other members do agree with me

merci marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)