it's an everyday event Reno

but i agree with many of you

there should be more of a focus on safety, not just from us in the field, but from safety related doctrines like 70E

this 'excuse' , this grey area that allows anyone to claim 'it just can't be shut off' should be roundfiled

as i get older, discression seems the better part of bolder, i'm shutting more and more off, and that should be MY call, not someone in batterymarch park, or some management beancounter

there should be more isolation required too, for ex. i advocate simple stuff like meter/mains because the homeowners and main. men always got thier mug in my service upgrades

i've also been the responder that's hightailied it to the scene of many an accident with wires down, and have had to sit and watch people die

so yeah, on one hand it's easy to say (like i am) that safety is a key issue that should be in the forefront of everyone's mind in our (or any) trade

but it's awful hard to do in that heat of the moment, and you live with the "woulda coulda shoulda's" afterwards

that said, bravo for the man who pulled down his mate, he can be my apprentice anyday

~S~