Today I saw a man electrocuted; fortunately, a timely response led to a happy ending.

The electrician was about three steps up a ladder, wedged in between assorted pipes and ducts, working on a circuit.
The box contained multiple circuits, and, as these were 'critical' circuits in a maximum security prison, it was not feasable to shut them all down. This was a 208/120 system.
It appeared that he may have grabbed a loose neutral wire; that is not certain. What is certain is that he suddenly became errect, as if he were 'standing at atention.'

When "are you OK" got no response, another sparky kicked the ladder out from under him. No difference; he was supported by the piping.
The sparky then wrapped his arms around the thighs of the victim, and tugged. The victim had a well-controlled drop to ground, where he collapsed to his knees, and "jacknifed" over.
It was clear that the victim had no pulse, and was not breathing. The other sparky then grabed the man's collar, and pulled him up, over, and on to his back. At this point, the victim revived.
Time for the entire drama? Probably less than a minute.

Another fifteen minutes rest were required, before the victim was able to stand. He was examined by local medical personnel, then driven to the hospital for a follow-up exam.

The hospital exams- mainly EKG and blood tests- revealed that the man had, indeed, suffered a very severe shock. This stunned the attending medics, as he appeared quite healthy at the time!
He is being kept overnight for observation, and is expected to be working again Thursday.

Where do I fit into this story? Tonight I get to go to the airport, and pick up his 10 yr old grandson....who is coming to visit.