I think that someone who doesn't include a salary for themselves in their overhead but figures that what ever the profit the company makes is their salary is not running their company like a business.
They should determine a reasonable salary for themselves and pay themselves that salary as part of overhead. If the company's profit isn't very good than they might be paying themselves more than they are worth and might need to reduce their salary.
If the company's profit is high than they may be worth more than they are paying themselves and could increase their salary or maybe give themselves a bonus.

How often do you see companies that post a profit loss for the year? The CEO still gets paid doesn't he? He may get less of a bonus or no bonus at all but I bet he still gets paid his salary for the year. If the company's profits don't improve he would probably be fired or else his salary would be reduced.

My personal goal is to have an annual salary of at least $100,000 and a net profit of 10% or more for my company. I feel this would make being in business for myself worth it.
If I reach this goal I will set another goal to reach.

I'm in it for the money not the enjoyment. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by A-Line (edited 01-12-2005).]

[This message has been edited by A-Line (edited 01-12-2005).]