How did the country song go? "Work your fingers to the bone and what do you get? Boney Fingers!" I have read alot of what Michael Gerber has written. I highly recommend his book "The E-Myth Contractor". It is a small book but sure puts a different light(no pun intended) on just what we are looking at here. We need to build value fellas. Let's get to it! We are smart enough! By sharing our resources here on this site, we will all benefit! None of us are as smart as all of us. Education is the short-cut to experience. I am approaching the age that all of my "experiences" need to be profitable. I come here for the education and it has already paid big dividends, and I thank you. I purchased and read "Mark-up and Profit" which is also a terrific book. I found its recommendation here! If I look back 20 years from now and just shake my head in remorse of my "Should haves, could haves and didn'ts", I deserve nothing more than one of my old wore out Red Wing boots applied to my backside! Not to mention what my family missed out on because I could not get my act together! We all are self-starters and self motivators. We have to be. That is our nature. We are a different breed, but I would not have it any other way. I am proud of our field and what we do. Whether it is "teckkie stuff" with all the new VDV or other low voltage systems or just getting someones power back on. And I want to do what I can to raise our standard as electricians not only as our trade demands, but also wise businessmen and women who have corporately got their act together. I long for the day when Plumbers will be checking our sites!

Thanx A-Line and Les.