aland,
I can speak from a wee bit of experience in writing these Pre-Purchase reports.
I've done about 20-30 of them for different people over the years.
I always use an NZ EWRB Certificate of Compliance, no matter what the findings of the report, this is a legally binding document and you do not lie on one of these things.
It is handwritten, neatly, and gives the values of any testing done and also an explanation of the the values and what the readings should be.
A stapled Attachment sheet, gives you room to detail the physical areas of the installation that are not covered in the Electrical testing.
W/ the likes of un-supported cables in the roof void and the like.
Just a note though, there is no point in reporting on a buildings Electrical safety, if you don't bother to check it out properly,I'm only an Electrician, not an Inspector, but I reckon with some of the disasters we've had here, with houses burning down weeks after people have moved in, who's kidding who here?. [Linked Image]