Guys,
I must say there are some really good comments here.
On the subject of inspections, I believe that a house should be required to be given a thorough inspection, before it is sold and the inspection paid for by the seller.
In these days of Consumer Rights, I'm suprised this isn't a given fact.
But even so, any inspection can never find ALL of the problems in a property, especially where things like joints made inside walls are concerned.
Where should a given inspection begin and end?.
I think that a type of permit system that is linked to each house would be a good idea, so that at least people buying a place has some idea of the work that has been done to the place, should they be looking to purchase it.
However, I sense the term "bureaucracy" being pinned to this idea.
Paul Cornwall,
Quote
Is it not illegal in Aus to do electrics.
Unless they've had a lapse of reason there, it is still rather restricted, in the sort of work you can do.