66WV,
Sorry I took so long to respond. If I'm ever in your neck of the woods, I'll look you up. One word comes to mind in this situation, and to me, the word is "truth" (as others have stated). It sounds to me like this guy is upset because he knows the "truth", and doesn't want to deal with the fact that he needs to correct his mistakes. If this is anything like the situations I've seen in the past, I'm sure that your expenses are coming out of the payment that the G.C. owes him. IMHO the problem is between the other guy and the GC. I'm sure that he doesn't have the "knads" to go confront the GC, so he thinks he can come pick on you. I think that the GC called you in because they don't know electric from a hole in the ground, and heck, you're just doing what they hired you to do. Which is advise them on what needs to be done, correct problems, and finish the project, so that they can be paid as well. Stand your ground. If you want to actually make the corrections, and finish the project, then be prepared for a bigger fight, or inform the GC that you have documented the violations, advise them that before they make final payment to the other guy the violations should be corrected, send the GC a bill for your time, and walk away. I would add alittle extra in to take Mama out to a nice dinner, heck a movie too, she deserves it.
I trust your judgement on the box fill violations. I'm sure you know how to do the math. The GFI's, and working clearances are so obvious that any apprentice could point them out. I'm behind ya 66!

...she did the "monster" mash,
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX