We couldn't remove the waterline either, in fact, we had done more than approved already but was still under budjet. Some of the fan circuits had to be completely re-routed, and wasn't in the quote.

Conductor fill and derating of conductors was ignored (some may be exempt as nipples), as mentioned before, some devices were used very "creatively", and some modification of "listed assemblies" had to be made because of some poor design decisions. Not sure about the SO cord feeding the timeclock mounted on the door either... But I also couldn't offer any alternatives, so I kept my mouth shut most of the time.

I'm beginnning to believe that I'm the only electrician in Greenbrier County who attempts to follow code, and I'm coming to the realization that it can actually hurt my career! Everyone else can be so much cheaper and quicker and please the customer and make more profit! We did improve it, but it wasn't to the letter like you guys do it...

Me, I'm "hung up on code" and "would get myself shot if I were an inspector" and I'm "pessimistic" and etc. (quotes from various people)

Joe said he "...was proud of the job..." and threw me a high five...

I stood there with a big question mark in my mind...

*sigh*

Nobody wants quality anymore...
</rant>

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 05-24-2002).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI