You got it down to the letter, John. We have to shower in, wear their clothes including undies, socks and boots (if the shoe fits, you didn't find it at a B.U.T.A. site) spray sterophene on everything we bring through the gates, including tools, materials, food, cell phone, can of Mt. Dew, ladders, whatever... We step into a pan of iodine solution every time we enter or exit any of the buildings on the site, wash our hands very frequently (I hate having damp hands while making up a hot panel...) and generally take about 3 times longer to do anything... [Linked Image]

We get prime rate for the BS...

There's been some big problems at these sites in the past including a near electrocution by a site owner when turning on a breaker for a feed motor (240V). Although it wasn't aproved for this job, Joe has put additional disco's in for the feed motor, usually a HP rated DP switch in a WP box and lever/cover. Once, I was hit in the shower while adjusting the water temp. It turned out to be a fault in the electric fence.

Question: 4 wire sub feeds are required for Ag buildings, are they also required for all subfeeds to other buildings? Isn't that a terribly long path for the fault current to travel, all the way back to the main disco, rather than the nearest subpanel, in this case adding an easy 300' to the one way distance of the circuit? Don't I make the most creative run-on sentences you've ever seen?

[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 05-21-2002).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI