I suspect my advice on the matter was generally not welcomed...

All I can say is throughout human history, appeasement and making nice nice with people who wish you ill or worse has never worked and never will. All you do by this is embolden your enemies to do even greater ill or worse to you. With the fifth anniversary of 9/11 approaching, this should be painfully obvious.

Let's say you've bid a big job, filed plans, got your approvals, and now some inspector is demanding things that aren't even on any of the plans, and the cost of "complaince" is sure to turn the job from a profit to a big loss? What to you do, take food away from the family? Or do you do battle with the inspector -- preferably nailing him to the wall legally?

If you don't stop such an errant inspector, you can be sure every other job from your company is going to be held up. How many of you have gotten shaken down like this?

Funny how when once you initiate proceedings that results in an inspector losing his job and pension, all your other inspections... building, plumbing, fire... all seem to go quite smoothly. Even things that shouldlegitimately get tagged aren't. Sometimes, you need to set an example.

It would be great if we could all get along and sing "Cum Bah Ya" but unfortunately the world doesn't work that way.

Joe

word edited out

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 08-15-2006).]