Invite your cool neighbors over for a BBQ, but "accidentally" put a flyer in his mailbox advertising a video party....

Wow... with all the criticism of my ideas on how to deal with the neighbor from hell, the flyer in the mailbox will positively subject Redsky to a Federal offense. Other than perhaps my "meg test" idea, most everything else I suggested was perfecty legal. This is not:

18 U.S.C. 1725:

"Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits any mailable matter such as statements of accounts, circulars, sale bills, or other like matter, on which no postage has been paid, in any letter box established, approved, or accepted by the Postal Service for the receipt or delivery of mail matter on any mail route with intent to avoid payment of lawful postage thereon, shall for each such offense be fined under this title."

This law has been on the books since 1934 and withstood a Supreme Court challenge for Constitutionality in 1981. (U.S. Postal Service v. Council of Greenburgh Civic Associations, 453 U.S. 114)

Since Redsky as a business could be considered an organization, he is subject to up to a $10,000 fine, as per 18 U.S.C. 3559 and 3571. Individuals are subject to up to a $5,000 fine.

Joe

[This message has been edited by JJM (edited 08-08-2006).]