Hey Guys,

I've been reading and learning this forum for a while but now i guess it's time for me to join in. I am a third generation upcoming electrician/engineer. My grandfather started at the local PoCo, followed by my dad and uncle working industrial environments and small residential sidejobs and now me, who is 18 and learning everyday. I had the "i want better for you" discussion with my father because i decided i wanted to go headlong into being an electrician. i didn't want to be an engineer because the little sparky in me was saying "you're gonna be a pencil pusher." i came to realize that that was naive and that i didn't know any engineers to base that off of. anyway so i decided to give college a try since i did well in HS i've got a free ride through college and decided it was best to act on the oppurtunity.

I started with my dad when i was about 12 years old. He did residential side jobs and i was right ther with him, pulling wire installing switches and receptacles. At 14 dad got hurt (back trouble) and moved to the office and i got a job under a contractor doing residantial and commercial work. Currently i'm in college and working in the electrical dept. at home depot (ducks from flying objects). I'm constantly learning and am always a student of the code and will be till i stop breathing. i learn something new everyday. I get a lot of flack from older guys for being so young but knowing what i know but it doesn't bother me b/c i know where i'm headed and i know what i know so when people say no you can't i say yes i can, watch me.

Glad to be a part of the forum

Joel