How many here are first generation Electricians? The reason that I ask is that I just read the post on the "Younger Generation" not wanting to learn the trade, just wanting to get the license and make the big money...it bugged me.

I think that there is a big difference between generations and the way that the trades are looked upon...

I am wondering how many of the "Younger Generation" are trying to survive on an apprentice wage while on his or her half hour lunch break, reads about a 23 year old college drop-out who just made 40 million dollars selling the rights to his file sharing program.

Our society has changed its views of the trades from what used to be very respectable careers to almost looking upon them as a cop-out...almost like joining the military.

We are told that if you don't have at least a four year degree you are going to make it in life...you end up learning a trade...

So I ask, how many of you were in the military...how many of you went to a vocational school for high school? How many of you have kids that you are trying to put through college because you want them to "do better than I did"?

I am a member of the "Younger Generation" when it comes to this message board and I would love to be a license holder...more money in the pocket to make things easier at home...what's wrong with that?

The code classes are supposed to get you ready for the tests...this message board is for those that want to excel in the field...teach the tests and let them get there licenses...let them earn a living...but there are still going to be those that will ask the How's and the Why's...just because they want to be proud of the title that they hold...Licensed Electrician

Humbly and with the utmost respect,

2E1X4

Brendan Carroll
Ignorance is BISS
csofcc@comcast.net