I guess a little clarification is needed...but I think I got Georges attention...are you mad...good, 'cause so am I...

My post was not intended to come across as having an attitude…just a little frustration…

George, I hate to point this out…but I was complimenting the members of this forum, not “Hinting at uneducated”. I am saying that I don’t like the stigma that has fallen on the trades since my father started into the plumbing trade over 40 years ago.

I respect all trades…as we all have to do our part…that’s what a society is…and this group of professionals proves that there is a desire to continue the educational process and better the work that we perform.

Simply put…society has lessened the importance of the tradesmen from being respectable to a cop out. I don’t like it but it is true. What I didn’t like was the overall generalization that all of the “Younger Generation” want to have the license and don’t really care about the theory…it just isn’t true…I think I can speak for a lot of “US” in saying that the expectations might be a little different than what they used to be…and we feel it and try to deal…everything is quicker in today’s society…except the time that it takes to get the license and earn a “respectable” income…

As for me…Went to a military high school, joined the Air Force – 2E1X4 (13 month tech school, 9 hours a day, five days a week, covering electronics, electrical theory, security, television, phone systems, photo principles…you get the picture). I enjoy computers a lot and made a go at it…couldn’t survive…didn’t have the piece of paper…

Now I am back into what I was trained in…and I love it….just don’t like being told that I want it now and don’t deserve it…I am here…reading and commenting…just like the rest here and don’t like to be told that “My” generation is just going through the motions…and doesn’t really care about the importance of the trade…and the history. I think if you give us time …and a little credit for defying the stigmas…we will show you that we can do the work…hopefully to the same quality and standards that have been set by our brothers and sisters in the trade…and make the stigma go away…

“Electrons make the world go ‘round”

As always…with the utmost respect…

2E1X4

Brendan Carroll
Ignorance is BISS
csofcc@comcast.net