Electrical accident kills man Palatka Daily News An investigation into the electrocution death of a 37-year-old Keuka area resident is ongoing. The Putnam County Sheriff's Office and the area Medical Examiner's Office in St. Augustine are investigation the Sunday death of Amick Alexander Whitfield. According to a sheriff's office report, Whitfield was using a makeshift tool to restore power to his residence when the tool came into contact with high voltage power lines. Whitfield was standing on top of an aluminum ladder, which had been placed in the bed of his pickup truck. He was attempting to close a fuse on the power pole which supplied electricity to his residence when the incident occurred around 6:40 p.m. Sunday. Power to the residence had been cut off by Florida Power & Light at an earlier date, according to the report. Whitfield lived at 200 Vancouver Road off Keuka Road west of Interlachen. Detective Dell Parker said it appears the incident was an accidental death. The investigation will continue until all pertinent facts have been gathered, according to Parker.