ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#147434 10/09/02 01:19 PM
S
SAFTENG Offline OP
Electrical accident kills man
Palatka Daily News
An investigation into the electrocution death of a 37-year-old Keuka area resident is ongoing. The Putnam County Sheriff's Office and the area Medical Examiner's Office in St. Augustine are investigation the Sunday death of Amick Alexander Whitfield. According to a sheriff's office report, Whitfield was using a makeshift tool to restore power to his residence when the tool came into contact with high voltage power lines. Whitfield was standing on top of an aluminum ladder, which had been placed in the bed of his pickup truck. He was attempting to close a fuse on the power pole which supplied electricity to his residence when the incident occurred around 6:40 p.m. Sunday. Power to the residence had been cut off by Florida Power & Light at an earlier date, according to the report. Whitfield lived at 200 Vancouver Road off Keuka Road west of Interlachen. Detective Dell Parker said it appears the incident was an accidental death. The investigation will continue until all pertinent facts have been gathered, according to Parker.

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
S
atta boy......

T
why would they rule it as accidental death?Sounds like suicide to me !!

Donnie
Oh no, not another one...

[Linked Image from users.stargate.net]

Darwin Award winner.

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
B
WHY DID THE POCO LEAVE THE FUSE IN PLACE THIS INVITES DISASTER ESPECIALLY IF THE CUSTOMER HAD WATCHED THE CUTOUT PROCESS

P
I sometimes think that coroners should be given the option of a "death by stupidity" verdict. [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard