ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 378 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
E
e57 Offline
kojunho, a lot of that conduit I did on the ground, and just passed up to someone else to hang. (I just get one measurement) Essentially, they are all the same bend with 2" (Or any other spacing...) added in one way or another. (To the kick, or length of stub) Believe it or not, it is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Concentrics, like these by kdal are a lot more tricky. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image from gtcom.net] But there are a few books with the formulas and techniques laid out fairly well. After that, it is just practice. And that takes time, and the opprotunity.

Pipe is one skill that is both required and enjoyable in all areas of the trade. Resi, Comm, Ind, something that anyone calling themselves an Electrician should have mastered. Essentially all of the skills are the same in each, just the materials vary IMO.

The other day, I did a 200a service in 2" RMC through a 2X4, and a 2X6 wall, with 210 degrees of bend with all threaded connections. (30-rolling-OS to meter, and back to back 90's to the main in the next stud bay. No threadless or 3-piece couplings.) The only reason I had to go do it, is that there are some nay sayers on my crew, who said it could not be done.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
K
I have started a new thread on conduit so we can all share some tips, tricks and pet peeves.
Like a friend once told me "theres a sly way to do everythingā€¯

S
Haveing done both residential and commercial work i prefer commercial. Im trying to get into the idustrial side now. I absolutely loved bucket truck work. Nothing better than a nice spring day in a bucket truck with you and your partner. I find residential work pace way too fast and in the process some things get overlooked. However its all part of the job.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard