ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 376 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#64441 04/08/06 01:24 PM
L
LK Offline
harold,

Where does Suzanne run a code course?
That would be a great code class.

#64442 04/08/06 05:53 PM
... Hi gang,
... I've been "popping" in and lurking from time to time,..not having much spare time anymore as I'm starting to get busy again after a LEAN 2 months...glad that's over..just in time for TAX SEASON!!!!!
... I've got a question,...
I obtained my 34 hrs for CEU's,...does this mean that next Code change I only need to do 26 hours,..cuz of the 8 hour carry-over??

... What happens to you if... you DON'T get your 34 hours in for this past Code change due by March 2006, and fill out the form to renew your licence and check YES where it asks you if you obtained the 34 CEU's...knowing darn well you didn't get the credits... can you lose your licence??
..I'm only asking because a buddy of mine called me about 2 weeks ago, asking if I'd gotten mine,..I said I had, and he said he couldn't find a class...Does the Board actually keep tabs on EVERYONE who renews??
...if so, my friend is up the creek without a paddle.. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Good to be back,y'all!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Russ

[This message has been edited by Attic Rat (edited 04-09-2006).]

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
#64443 04/08/06 06:02 PM
Where does Suzanne run a code course?
That would be a great code class.

... She gave a class on Rehab Codes on March 25th, in Lyndhurst at the Quality Inn , with Tom Valeo,..an instructor working with Bob Frangipane, Tom is a Sub-Code Official for Union City...,..I wanted to attend, but I missed it...alas.. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Russ

[This message has been edited by Attic Rat (edited 04-08-2006).]

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
#64444 04/08/06 06:46 PM
A pal just got an 80 euro 'on the spot' fine, on his way to the municipal dump, for-------

Having his little home-made trash-trailer's license plate fixed with screws and not the required-by-Euro-law pop-rivets.

Arrrrrrggghhhh!! What's happening to us!!!

Alan

Wood work but can't!
#64445 04/08/06 09:05 PM
L
LK Offline
Just wanted to know where she was running a class, because when you call her for code information, she really knows what's up, when it comes to a problem understanding a code requirement.

#64446 04/08/06 10:48 PM
C

... I've got a question,...
I attained my 34 hrs for CEU's,...does this mean that next Code change I only need to do 26 hours,..cuz of the 8 hour carry-over??
What does your 34 consist of?
The ten-hour mandatory (9 code/1 law) plus 24 "electives"....or....do you mean you have 34 hours of electives in ADDITION to the mandatory 10-hours?

If you have a total of 34 CEUs (10+24 CEUs), then you have 0 CEU credits for next cycle.

If you have the mandatory 10 PLUS 34 CEU hours, then yes, 8 hours will carry to next code cycle.

I have the 10 mandatory PLUS 42 elective hours - way over the 8 allowable for transfer.

See: http://www.nj.gov/lps/ca/electric/advisory.htm

Meeting Your Continuing Education Requirements - Who, How Many & When?

... What happens to you if... you DON'T get your 34 hours in for this past Code change due by March 2006, and fill out the form to renew your licence and check YES where it asks you if you obtained the 34 CEU's...knowing darn well you didn't get the credits... can you lose your licence??
Can you lose your license? - YES
Will you definitly lose your license? - Maybe.
It will depend on how and when you plead your case to the board.
If they find out - before you 'fess up - the penalty will be harsh... fines and penalties for operating w/o the proper documentation/certification and submitting a fraudulet renewal document. Operating as an EC w/o proper license/permit is a class 4 FELONY. You will more than likely have your license yanked - meaning you must RETEST...if they even will you to retest(you are now a felon).

If you plead your case to the Board BEFORE caught, and you have your CEUs (good luck finding a class now), and you had an exceptionally valid excuse - they may enforce the fines but forgo the loss of license and retesting ...then again, they might not.

..I'm only asking because a buddy of mine called me about 2 weeks ago, asking if I'd gotten mine,..I said I had, and he said he couldn't find a class...
BULL.
That is a lame excuse at best.
Many of the inspectors teach these classes. The inspectors have access to the licensee directory (as does anyone - public information)...see where that's heading?

I am constantly bombarded with flyers for the code update classes. I have never been to ANY classes/seminars from ANY of these companies.

Does the Board actually keep tabs on EVERYONE who renews??

Does the IRS keep tabs on everyone who works/pays taxes?

It's russian roulette. The Board can audit ANY EC to check for compliance with the law at anytime. You get audited and you don't have the proper paperwork (and don't try and lie, the instructors are required to take attendance and forward same to the Board) - you are BUSTED.

Check the minutes from the Board's meetings and see for yourself: http://www.nj.gov/lps/ca/electric/minutes/archive.htm
State Board of Examiners of Electrical Contractors
Minutes Archive Page

I think your friend should contact the Board ASAP and PDQ to avoid anything "unpleasent".

PS - Use of the word "you" is NOT directed to the OP. It is used merely as a general term.

~~ CELTIC ~~
...-= NJ =-...
#64447 04/09/06 12:28 AM
G
A pal just got an 80 euro 'on the spot' fine, on his way to the municipal dump, for-------
Having his little home-made trash-trailer's license plate fixed with screws and not the required-by-Euro-law pop-rivets.

Arrrrrrggghhhh!! What's happening to us!!!

We may be backward rednecks in Florida but a tag wired on with THHN (or whatever you have) is perfectly legal here. They don't even title trailers. I have seen "lost tag" and a number painted on the back of a trailer and it was clear they repainted the trailer, leaving the sign on the original faded paint.
We are really more "tags optional" I guess.
We can also carry guns and there is no license required to drive a 70 MPH boat

... but they censor Benny Hill.

Go figure

Greg Fretwell
#64448 04/09/06 11:47 AM
Harold:
Thanks for the CEU update news.

Les:
Suzanne has a few Seminars, and I saw an offering for CEU (EC) classes in a flyer, probably NJECA, or one of the County Assoc.

Celtic:
Thanks for the info for Attic Rat; perfect reply.

Roger:
You may not be aware, but our new Gov. has a big budget problem; briefly, all the NJ politicians get 'bashed' in the media every day; Guys, there's no need for bashing here!

John

John
#64449 04/09/06 07:12 PM
C
Maybe we should of all met up at one of these classes (update, CEU, or other)?

See ya' in 3 years...LOL [Linked Image]

~~ CELTIC ~~
...-= NJ =-...
#64450 04/09/06 07:33 PM
L
LK Offline
Just remember to check, before quoting jobs, for any increases in construction premit fees, due to the budget problems, many towns will be forced to increase these fees.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard