ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 423 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Greg,

Wow you swamp people are high tech! smile In one of my towns, I have to enter in all of my tech sheet info. ( # of recpt., lights, switches, etc.) The the program will fee the electrical permit for the secretary lovingly called the TACO. (Technical Assistant to Construction Official) This way our Taco just spits out permits with fees, the the EC calls in for inspection, she can pull up the permit, schedule the date for inspection. Then spits out a copy of the permit for me to take on site. When I am done (pass or fail) I enter my results in the program. Now I can access this program from any computer. I would enter a pass or if it failed I would enter why it failed. Once all tardes pas inspection, this program allows the taco to print out a certificate which she would mail to the homeowner.

All my other towns, the taco does everything, and I jet get a paper copy of the permit. I turn it back to her after each inspection.

Harold:
OK, We use "Construction Manager (Mitchel Humphrey)" program. I fee all electric techs by hand after plan review, and enter 'Approved' on a Plan Review screen with the six digit Control Number. After Plumb, Fire, Bldg do the same (if part of the job) the folder goes to the girls. Next step is a summary sheet with the fees, which the CO reviews and signs for permit release. Payment made, each subcode gets one copy of their Tech card back. (Filed by Permit Number) each Subcode maintains his own paper files

Inspections are called into the office, and a print out of the daily inspections is handed to each subcode every afternoon. We pull the techs, setup a route, do the stops. Days end the insp results are entered into the computer system (Pass/Fail/Not Ready/Not Done?Canceled)

An 'average day" is 24 Bldg; 10 Fire; 20+Plumbing; & 24 Elec. That's each day of a five day week.

We had 4 girl office staff; one transferred out; no replacement yet. Two are Lic TACOs, one is Clerical. One does CO's, one does CAs, ALL answer the phones, handle the counter, file, issue, etc. We are on 3400+ permits for the year.

John
H
John,

Right now in my 4 towns:
Town "A" I work there 20 hr a week. 12-1400 permits a year on average 15 to 20 a week.
Town "B" I work there 6 hr a week. 350-450 permits a year on average 8 to 12 a week.
Town "C" I work there 6 hr a week. 325-375 permits a year on average 4 to 12 a week.
Town "D" I work there 6 hr a week. 300-375 permits a year on average 4 to 12 a week.

A lot of the times the big fluctuation is due to flooding. Some of my towns are in a flood zone. In Town B last year we were up to 600 permits because of the spring flood and then Irene in the fall. Also most towns don't charge fees for flood damage.

Town "A" uses the state program, I think town B uses Mitchel Humphrey, town D uses Spacial Data(?) or something like that, and I don't know what town C even does. I just get hand written log sheets, and I turn them all back in.

I don't fee any permit, except with the state. I just enter in all the info and it will fee for me. Town "B" just give me printed out log sheets, and Towns C-D just give me hand written sheets.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard