ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Happy Thanksgiving all!
by gfretwell - 11/30/22 05:55 PM
EMC Glands on Motors
by gfretwell - 11/30/22 05:53 PM
Ground Rods: Installation and Hook-Up
by gfretwell - 11/30/22 05:45 PM
Colt Firearms Switchbox
by NORCAL - 11/29/22 01:04 AM
Perfect work light?
by gfretwell - 11/22/22 12:48 AM
New in the Gallery:
240/208 to a house
240/208 to a house
by wa2ise, October 9
Now you know.
Now you know.
by Tom_Horne, September 7
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 16 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 3,672
Likes: 2
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Member
Originally Posted by georgestolz
Nice, but does it send me to the last post or the first newest post? I don't think I got on last night...?

ETA: Also, the new post button remains after looking at the thread on my end. No problem, just weird.

OK, Phase 2...

'Active Topics' page >> [Linked Image] should only appear for (logged in) Members if there is a new post in that thread they have not read.

Last Post, or First Newest Post dunno ... let me know

Awaiting Feedback...

Bill

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 327
S
Member
The shout box is fine. It is the tweet box. The tweet website is one of those blocked/restricted/unapproved sites for the Federal Government (it would do the same if it was facebook). As we block the site, a message comes up stating the we are being rerouted to a secure site (our own) and the popup window stating this shows up in the way when trying to go back to previous views without allowing the change to the previous view. A quick double click on the back button allows you to jump past the popup warning.

Note: This is not a problem with your site but our site blocking system.

Thanks for the concern.
Shane

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 327
S
Member
Interesting, I always click no on the popup, but if I click yes our restricted "Access to this site is restricted in accordance with the USDA policy on Web content filtering." page comes up in the twitter box and a single click will allow me to "back" navigate without the popup or having to double click. I hope that this is not the only hing new I learn today.

Shane


Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,323
Likes: 7
Member
Tweets & face are not allowed via my office (work) PC either, Twp rules for now.

And, I'm not a twitter person or a facebook guy from home base either.


John
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 3,672
Likes: 2
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Member
Originally Posted by sabrown
The shout box is fine. It is the tweet box. The tweet website is one of those blocked/restricted/unapproved sites for the Federal Government (it would do the same if it was facebook). As we block the site, a message comes up stating the we are being rerouted to a secure site (our own) and the popup window stating this shows up in the way when trying to go back to previous views without allowing the change to the previous view. A quick double click on the back button allows you to jump past the popup warning.

Note: This is not a problem with your site but our site blocking system.

Thanks for the concern.
Shane

Shane,

I'm looking into workaround options.

Bill

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 3,672
Likes: 2
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Member
FYI:

I've turned off the Twitter & FaceBook Buttons until I can find a workaround.

Bill
smile

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 91
G
Member
Originally Posted by Webmaster
Awaiting Feedback...

Good good good. smile

The "New Posts" link seems to be working almost perfectly!

One weird thing (minor), some folks posted in some ancient threads, and I think the forum got confused. My thought is, it was a very old thread, but the forum didn't know if I had read the thread or not. I clicked on "New Posts" and it started from the beginning.

I just found the "Mark Forums Read" button you alluded to earlier. Post something in an old thread after I'm gone, I'm curious to see what happens when I click the "New Posts" link on an old thread now. smile

(Not trying to nitpick, it's scientific curiosity. wink )

Last edited by georgestolz; 02/02/11 09:44 PM.

-George
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 3,672
Likes: 2
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Member
Originally Posted by georgestolz
Post something in an old thread after I'm gone, I'm curious to see what happens when I click the "New Posts" link on an old thread now. smile

(Not trying to nitpick, it's scientific curiosity. wink )

Sure, but you Gotta Leave First! wink

Just kidding...

Will Do
smile
Bill

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 327
S
Member
Thanks for removing the twitter, it is enjoyable to bounce around again.

Shane

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 3,672
Likes: 2
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Member
Originally Posted by sabrown
Thanks for removing the twitter, it is enjoyable to bounce around again.

Shane

Shane,

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I certainly don't want people having problems accessing the Forums.

Bill

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Featured:

Tools for Electricians
Tools for Electricians
 

* * * * * * *
2023 National Electrical Code (NEC)
2023 NEC Now Available!
 
* * * * * * *

2020 Master Electrician Exam Preparation Combos
2020 NEC Electrician
Exam Prep Combos:
Master / Journeyman

 

Member Spotlight
TOOL_5150
TOOL_5150
Bay Area
Posts: 61
Joined: August 2007
Top Posters(30 Days)
Trumpy 7
NORCAL 5
Popular Topics(Views)
300,340 Are you busy
230,001 Re: Forum
214,810 Need opinion
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5