ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Originally Posted by georgestolz
Nice, but does it send me to the last post or the first newest post? I don't think I got on last night...?

ETA: Also, the new post button remains after looking at the thread on my end. No problem, just weird.

OK, Phase 2...

'Active Topics' page >> [Linked Image] should only appear for (logged in) Members if there is a new post in that thread they have not read.

Last Post, or First Newest Post dunno ... let me know

Awaiting Feedback...

Bill

S
The shout box is fine. It is the tweet box. The tweet website is one of those blocked/restricted/unapproved sites for the Federal Government (it would do the same if it was facebook). As we block the site, a message comes up stating the we are being rerouted to a secure site (our own) and the popup window stating this shows up in the way when trying to go back to previous views without allowing the change to the previous view. A quick double click on the back button allows you to jump past the popup warning.

Note: This is not a problem with your site but our site blocking system.

Thanks for the concern.
Shane

S
Interesting, I always click no on the popup, but if I click yes our restricted "Access to this site is restricted in accordance with the USDA policy on Web content filtering." page comes up in the twitter box and a single click will allow me to "back" navigate without the popup or having to double click. I hope that this is not the only hing new I learn today.

Shane

Tweets & face are not allowed via my office (work) PC either, Twp rules for now.

And, I'm not a twitter person or a facebook guy from home base either.

John
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Originally Posted by sabrown
The shout box is fine. It is the tweet box. The tweet website is one of those blocked/restricted/unapproved sites for the Federal Government (it would do the same if it was facebook). As we block the site, a message comes up stating the we are being rerouted to a secure site (our own) and the popup window stating this shows up in the way when trying to go back to previous views without allowing the change to the previous view. A quick double click on the back button allows you to jump past the popup warning.

Note: This is not a problem with your site but our site blocking system.

Thanks for the concern.
Shane

Shane,

I'm looking into workaround options.

Bill

Admin Offline OP
Administrator
FYI:

I've turned off the Twitter & FaceBook Buttons until I can find a workaround.

Bill
smile

G
Originally Posted by Webmaster
Awaiting Feedback...

Good good good. smile

The "New Posts" link seems to be working almost perfectly!

One weird thing (minor), some folks posted in some ancient threads, and I think the forum got confused. My thought is, it was a very old thread, but the forum didn't know if I had read the thread or not. I clicked on "New Posts" and it started from the beginning.

I just found the "Mark Forums Read" button you alluded to earlier. Post something in an old thread after I'm gone, I'm curious to see what happens when I click the "New Posts" link on an old thread now. smile

(Not trying to nitpick, it's scientific curiosity. wink )

Last edited by georgestolz; 02/02/11 10:44 PM.

-George
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Originally Posted by georgestolz
Post something in an old thread after I'm gone, I'm curious to see what happens when I click the "New Posts" link on an old thread now. smile

(Not trying to nitpick, it's scientific curiosity. wink )

Sure, but you Gotta Leave First! wink

Just kidding...

Will Do
smile
Bill

S
Thanks for removing the twitter, it is enjoyable to bounce around again.

Shane

Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Originally Posted by sabrown
Thanks for removing the twitter, it is enjoyable to bounce around again.

Shane

Shane,

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I certainly don't want people having problems accessing the Forums.

Bill

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard