Right Sven, That wiring sounds really dodgy, especially being so near to a shower. I can't think of any nastier way to leave this earth than being electrocuted while being wet, that must have been really painful. You would hope that the clown that installed that light would be taken to task over this.
I was just in Paris. Luckily I did not stay there. As for the broom stick, it only works in the movies. If you were to hit me with a broom while getting shocked, I will promise you that one of us will die that day