ECN Forum

Hotel shower electrocutes tourist (France)

Posted By: pauluk

Hotel shower electrocutes tourist (France) - 10/27/07 05:01 PM


http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/7062629.stm
Posted By: SvenNYC

Re: Hotel shower electrocutes tourist (France) - 10/27/07 08:27 PM

Christ. I can imagine the poor woman's anguish seeing her husband getting zapped like that.

And not a piece of dry wood handy -- like a broomstick -- to whack the victim away from the curtain rod. frown

Posted By: Trumpy

Re: Hotel shower electrocutes tourist (France) - 10/29/07 01:00 AM

Right Sven,
That wiring sounds really dodgy, especially being so near to a shower.
I can't think of any nastier way to leave this earth than being electrocuted while being wet, that must have been really painful.
You would hope that the clown that installed that light would be taken to task over this.
Posted By: JoeTestingEngr

Re: Hotel shower electrocutes tourist (France) - 11/01/07 03:28 AM

That's tragic! I wonder if she might have been able to save him by turning off a light switch.
Joe
Posted By: Trumpy

Re: Hotel shower electrocutes tourist (France) - 11/01/07 04:51 AM

Good point Joe!
I hadn't thought of that, so simple eh.
Posted By: watthead

Re: Hotel shower electrocutes tourist (France) - 11/02/07 02:55 AM

You didn't say what hotel and room number. I've been thinking of taking the wife on a loooong vacation.
Posted By: sparkyinak

Re: Hotel shower electrocutes tourist (France) - 11/23/07 04:34 PM

I was just in Paris. Luckily I did not stay there. As for the broom stick, it only works in the movies. If you were to hit me with a broom while getting shocked, I will promise you that one of us will die that day
© 2020 ECN Electrical Forums