ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 259 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#12284 08/06/02 07:09 PM
P
pauluk Offline OP
I know we have some railroad buffs amongst our number, so I snapped a few pics when I went by the station in Norwich a while ago.
[Linked Image from members.aol.com]

[Linked Image from members.aol.com]

This station has small diesel-powered local trains coming in from the local (non-electrified) branch line, and the "InterCity" main-line services from further afield.

Power on these lines is 25kV AC.

I only snapped a few quick shots of whatever happened to be there at the time, but if anyone wants them I'll e-mail the ZIP file (about 1.1MB)

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 08-06-2002).]

#12285 08/07/02 02:36 AM
Broom Pusher and
Paul,

Great shots!!! Post more pics and information!!!

Send me the images, but if the message gets bounced as 550 [user unknown], let me know with a message in this thread.

One thing I can blab about is Railroad stuff! [Linked Image]

TIA!

Scott S.E.T.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
#12286 08/07/02 06:57 AM
P
pauluk Offline OP
Scott,

i already tried sending the file to you, as I had a feeling you'd be interested! [Linked Image]

I've tried both your soca.com and pacbell.net e-mails and keep getting it bounced with "Disk quota exceeded."

#12287 08/07/02 12:45 PM
H
gosh i miss europe...

#12288 08/10/02 08:59 AM
Broom Pusher and
<QUOTE>
I already tried sending the file to you, as I had a feeling you'd be interested!

I've tried both your soca.com and pacbell.net e-mails and keep getting it bounced with "Disk quota exceeded."
<QUOTE>

Well, that explains why I haven't been bombarded with Spam, and also why I haven't heard from anyone for Eons [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

My ISP's Tech Gurus [Net Geeks] must be training Chimpanzees to take over administration! Got that impression the last few times I talked with them, as they found no problems on their end.
They host the mail server [E-Mail Robot] which is denying access and bouncing stuff, so I guess it's my fault <sarcasm>!

Before this happened, I could receive attached stuff upto 3MB per message. Now, >1 KB is bounced!

Anyone in the Forum have an idea why this took place - such as maybe some rampant script[s] stuck in the allocated space for my E-Mail on the mail server [or any other situations causing this]???

Went from 200 + messages a day to 10 in 2 days within a 24 hour period! And without tweaking any settings either!

Go ahead and send the images to me via this address:

dtbigred@pacbell.net

I'll have to use this address for incoming mail for awhile.

Scott S.E.T.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
#12289 08/10/02 01:59 PM
P
pauluk Offline OP
Scott,

Even a short message with no file attachment was being bounced from both addresses.

I've sent the file to your new e-mail address -- No return as yet, so fingers crossed!

Happi,

gosh i miss europe...
A familiar sentiment, as I miss a lot about America.

Which parts of Europe have you visited? By the way, our rail network is definitely not a glowing example of efficiency and safety at the moment. [Linked Image]

#12290 08/10/02 02:04 PM
Scott,

BTW,
The notifications that you should get when someone replies to your topics are getting bounced back too. You'd have to change the email address in your profile to fix that (unless they fix your email)

Bill

Bill
#12291 08/10/02 04:44 PM
Broom Pusher and
Small text messages are bounced too!?!?!? Geez, what would happen if I depended on their E-Mail system for _ALL_ my work related items! I would be looking through the Classified ads right now!

I'm really gonna do some major B****ING now! [rhymes with DITCHING or HITCHING].

Bill,

I'll setup my profile with the other address, then when things go back to normal I'll re-edit the profile again.

Need to send out Cc'ed message to my contacts to see what has been lost in the Chimpanzee controlled E-Mail Black Hole. If anyone here has tried sending me anything, let me know in this thread or try forwarding it to the address I listed in this thread and in the other topic I started.

[Sorry, still venting! My Asbestos Keyboard cools down really fast!]

Scott S.E.T.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
#12292 08/10/02 09:05 PM
H
Pauluk,

You can always tell of a true railroad person, when they stop to listen to the whistle as the train goes by the crossing. My grandfather started working for the railroad as a carpenter, then he turn to that new fangled thing called "electricity". They needed some people to work on the signals, so he grabbed a pair of lineman pliers, wrapped the with friction tape, and started to repair siganls all up and down the main line.
I think I still have his original lineman pliers and an old lock from his tool box.

Caper

#12293 08/10/02 10:55 PM
B
Paul-- Is the 25kV rail service single phase 50Hz?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard