I'm still tending to the idea that a concrete encased electrode is either the rebar or the 20 foot of #4.
If the rebar is there then A concrete encased electrode exist and must be used however the Code description of a concrete encased electrode from the beginning (250.52(A)(3) to the second comma first gives the location, from there to the next comma describes the rebar, then the word OR is used and the copper wire is described.
Unlike a swimming pool where the goal is to bond all the parts this is grounding so I believe that either the rebar OR the #4 wire achieves that goal.
Connecting the rebar to 20 feet of #4 wire will not substantially reduce the resistance to ground of the encased electrode.
[Ufer achieved >5 ohms in the desert. The difference between 5 & 2 1/2 ohms is negligable.]
250.50 requires all the listed electrodes to be bonded but, if the wire is the encased electrode and the rod is sealed in the cement then I would see no reason to bond the wire to the rerod.
I doubt if the reduction in resistance would be of as much benefit as not causing a problem for the structural integrity of the foundation.
Does anybody agree ?
Alan--

Alan--
If it was easy, anyone could do it.