Tom,
I appreciate the professional reply. I myself will be the first to admit that although I have been around them all my life I have only installed a handful of services for mobile homes. Why? Because most people try to do it themselves. I have seen a lot of places especially in Kentucky where there used to not be any permit requirement or any requirement to have a licensed electrician or they will give the permit to the homeowner(there are a lot of places like this in arkansas) and the inspectors would basically end up directing the homeowner or whomever in the correct procedure. It may take a few trips but eventually either through a legal installation or either through frustration the connection would be made.

A lot of places go by what the inspector at the time likes to see. I know there are a lot of inspectors who post and read on this site so please do not get me wrong..I respect the inspector..myself i like an inspection, it gives me some satisfaction to have another person agree that the work i have done meets the requirements of the NEC etc.

I am not the best electrician in the world but I am not afraid of asking questions to folks I know I can rely on. I always look at the sections of the nec and I always like to hear what other electricians have to say. I think a true electrician is very interested in the work in general and chatting about the trade and it never ceases to amaze me how interesting a simple question can turn into a very educating experience.

I hope all the boys in my neck of the woods do not get the red a** over this but what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong.

I would have ended up doing it the way the concensus agreed.

I usually do not turn a screw driver until i have thouroughly researched even the simplest jobs. Residential is one of the most complex articles in the code and i learn everyday.

I found out a long time ago it does not take a big mistake to cost a lot of dollars when it involves electrical work!

I was curious to know the reasoning behind the URD comments.

I guess it just goes to prove once again that this site has a definite purpose and a long future.

Maybe 20 years from now we can look back and read this stuff and get a smile on our face when we remember the good ole days!

Thanks for all the replies.

-regards

MUSTANG

[This message has been edited by mustangelectric (edited 12-03-2004).]