Mustang,

Yes, the 30 foot rule applies mobile home or manufactured home. I'm glad your POCO finally decided to take a gander at the NEC. They may or may not be liable for any of the existing installations where the distance exceeds 30 feet, but they could be named as a defendent in any future lawsuits. This is one of the reasons why our POCO now requires an inspection of all service entrances and the feeder to the mobile home

I have visited the site you posted & the fine print at the bottom indicates that the cable is UL listed as "USE" and RHH and RHW. These markings would be printed on the cable also.

Prior to the 2002 NEC, USE could not be used indoors at all because it did not have to have flame retardant insulation. By having the additional listing of RHW, it could be installed in a raceway & there would be no restriction on the length installed indoors. 338.10(B)(4)(b) now allows up to 6 feet of USE indoors & the cable would not need the RHW listing if it does not exceed 6 feet.

Around here, the service for a mobile home is mounted on a customer furnished 25' pole for overhead service. The installation of the feeder from the pole to the mobile home is the responsibility of the person that wants power, not the POCO. ALso, the POCO furnishes a drawing to the customer that shows the 30- foot maximum distance along with their requirements.

As a side note, I hate inspecting mobile home services installed by non-electricians, the failure rate is about 80 to 90%.

As side note #2, congratulations on doing some homework here. You'd be surprised at the number of electricians that don't even realize that there is an entire section of the code that deals with mobile/manufactured homes.

Tom

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.