Hi,
The URD cable I see IS UL Listed and it is STAMPED RHW. Please see the following: http://www.centriccable.com/prod_MobHomeFeeder.asp . This page shows that the cable is specifically designed for mobile home feeders. It says that the cable is RHW and that it is UL listed too. I am not clear as to where the RHW requirement is coming from. 550.33 says that the conductors must meet 310.12 and if i read it correctly the exception allows no gec between the service and the disconnect.

I understand that all i need is a unfused disconnect at the second pole.

The main problem I see is that it will be the ONLY setup like this in the WHOLE neighborhood.

I always meet the code so I will have to install this second pole.

The POCO will not allow the meterbase on any pole other than their pole out on the curb.

USE cable is no problem for me, I just happen to see the URD at the supply house and it is labeled MOBILE HOME FEEDER.

I just want to avoid any extra expense.

I may contact the state electrical inspector to see what he will say about the installation and what is going on with the rest of the mobile home on this street.

There is NOT a SINGLE mobile home out of about 100 that I looked through that had this arrangement. There is no local inspection here so I think the POCO basically set the presedence by requiring the meterbase on their pole. This saves them money on feeders.

Maybe I should go with an OH drop? from their pole to my pole within 30 feet?

The POCO acted like they had no idea about the requirement. They said that everything from the point of attachment down was the owners responsibility which I understand.

I do not go around looking at what other people have done to determine my installations but I do notice things and that got me to wondering.

Thanks for the helpful replies.

-regards

Mustang

[This message has been edited by mustangelectric (edited 12-03-2004).]