Whenever I mention some of the problems I discover during my travels, I get a dirty look, they say mind your own business, and why were you trespassing!

For some reason this reminds me of a weekend trip to the jersey shore (Wildwood) where my friends and I were touring one of many boardwalk amusement parks. We were in a fun house, and I happen to notice some sparking wires dangling from a junction box on the ceiling. Occasional sparking. Problem was that there was no employee around that would take me seriously (all were high school kids) that I could report it to. After a while I forgot about it, as we were doing more rides and drinking more beers. A few weeks later I heard something on the news about a fire burning down one of these amusement parks (don't know if this was the one, I don't remember which one it was that had the bad wiring). This was back in the early eighties.

Odds are that these places have more violations than light bulbs, and they had lots of light bulbs.....

As for the Greyhound bus ststion outlet above, I see the bit of plastic between the ground pin and the cover plate was broken out.

As for the power cord, I've taken a ty wrap and loop the cord like an upside-down "J" and strap the cord to the body of the plug so it becomes a down dropper. That's probably not proper, but else you'd get the pictured problem. When you don't have the permission to mess with the outlet itself....