The old service company I used to work for in LA had a fleet of about 150 vans, all 1997 through 99's, ½ and ¾ ton, from all of the Detroit "Big 3"
The Dodge's seemed to have bad transmissions chronically (trannies seem to be a downfall of alot of things Mopar [Linked Image] ) But the Ford 5.4L's in the E250's seemed to be the engine that blew the most... The company had a "Van Graveyard" with about 15 or so Fords rotting in it, amongst about 6 Dodge's and a GMC Savana 3500 (which a disgruntled tech went offroading with and took the oilpan off with a large rock)

I can attest also that these vans were driven hard! and they were usually loaded right about their weight limit, if not more. But most of the "Blue Ovals" in the back had less than 100K on the clock as well! The Chevy Express 2500 I had went 149K and decided to amuse me by throwing a rod on me about 120 miles from home.

My current truck is a 2000 Chevy 2500 with a Harbor body,with a 350 under the hood. 180K and still pulls strong! I've never really kept track of MPG since we have a gas pump in the company yard, but I can't imagine it being more than about 12-14 mpg... But working out in the middle of nowhere, I tend to be a little lead-footed.