Thanks for the feedback, guys! It sounds like following local codes is going to be harder than I'd thought, probably harder than the design itself, heh. I suppose experience is really the only cure for this, though, and only one way to get it!

Actually I'll be working for the US Government, which brings up another interesting question- if these facilities are on US federal soil, do I still have to follow local codes, or just US government mil-specs? I was spoiled in my previous job because not only was I the technical authority, I was THE technical authority- we wrote and enforced the rulebook and the only people more senior to us weren't themselves technical enough to do more than just rubber-stamp our recommendations.

The good news is that though I'll be the only EE in this group, there's an ME and Civil Engineer that are experienced and should be able to help me just through the local hoops. The bad news (good news?) is that the actual work will probably be done by the same people in every location, vice locals. Either way, I intend to be on-site for as much of the installation work as I can justify international trips for [Linked Image]

Are there any significant difference going from 50Hz to 60Hz systems, beside different physical components? I mean, is a distro panel in London going to be identical to one in New York, just with a different sticker on the breakers, or are different nations going to be completely different?

[This message has been edited by SteveFehr (edited 10-14-2005).]