No politics chaps. Easy to criticise, much harder to actually do the right thing. I think the lessons will have been learned, given the US President's unprecedented and refreshing honesty on this matter.

As to survival in the event of a major catastrophe, we all need to make better plans than a few flashlights and a full gas -tank. Stores of dry goods, canned meat and fish, sugar, medical supplies, bandages, disinfectant, insecticide, a good shotgun ( for the pot ) and fishing gear for instance. And it has to be in a safe place, and the family needs to know where it is.
When Ma finally departed, my sister and I had to get rid of hundreds and hundreds of pounds of foodstuffs stored against WWIII, the major item being bags of sugar, some of which were 40 years old! We went through WWII living on SFA, but we had sugar! You could brew up some beer or wine, sweeten fruit for pies, make jam, eke out weak tea and best of all- trade it for other stuff, like a nice chicken or some powdered egg, yummy!

Alan

Wood work but can't!