Wow! This got a herd of goats! [Linked Image]

I am going to have to agree with Hbliss on this... "Just because the homeowner is an idiot doesn't mean that you should go along with it. You are supposed to be the professional and know better."

And this...."The point here is that any installation like this NEEDS TO BE MADE AS FLEXIBLE AS POSSIBLE to allow for future growth and changes. That simply isn't going to happen with this stuff that crams everything into a little box in a closet."

The ONLY reason I even use the box it because I am forced to. The owner and Arch have no idea what EIA/TIA 570 is, or what is about. And when I do, I use the largest one possible (48"), and often two of them!

See page 70 of this link:
IF YOU DONT HAVE BROADBAND YOU MAY NOT WANT TO OPEN THIS LINK IT IS 102 PAGES LONG! (in pdf) http://www.markhellerelectric.com/opencritique.pdf
(Remember it is a "Standard" not a "Code"!)

And the reason I can't use the guts, is that often my customers work from home, (technically have offices with employees at home) and have 6-12 lines, and ADSL, some with SDSL or sometimes T-1, and expect me to put that in the box too! 'Cause they went to someones house and saw a pretty box, now they want one, and are pissed off when I tell them I wont put it in closet. (Some of my Inspectors demand 110.26 workspace for them. I love it when they do!)

In the same amount of space you can put more in with standard equipment on 66, and 110 blocks at about the same price. And your customer won't know the differance, all they see is the front of the panel. And when you're not around, and some guy like me, or Hbliss comes by to add a line, we won't bag on the install.... Or say that we can't without starting over.

For the working from home culture, the guts of those items are adequate for a studio apartment. IMHO

Didn't mean to offend anyone, but it is just another reason for a VDV forum

eswets, I'm not sure how the Master would do it, but... If interested I could tell you how I would.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason