I too will second on the waste of money!

Don't get me wrong, they look nice, and I get a better price from my supply house, but..... I HATE THEM! They are inferior to standard a 66, or 110 block, with the same splitter.

For the money you're spending, and for not much more, you can do this....

For residential applications:
I take the cabinet that that would go in. (The large one, or equivilent Clear Channel brand) A switch as diconnect for the receptical inside next to the cabinet.

I put a 96 - 288 pair 110 block in it for all of the UTP, and land them all. http://www.levitonvoicedata.com/support/documents/specdesign/pdf/41XX6XF4.pdf

(Phone on one row, Data on the other.) Interconnect all of the phones, if not punch a hole out of the cover to a KSU mounted on the wall above it. Take all of the Data to an M-block mounted patch block, or two, and to the hub or switch velcro'ed below that inside the cabinet. (Modems at the desk, as the need to be reset from time to time.)DSL filter too.

(If I have room, and sometimes it becomes two panels as I can have up to 30+ wall plates to cover on larger homes) CATV splitters, below all of it. The only one of the items I ever use out of the whole line of modular guts the make is possibly a CATV amplifier, for signal boost is runs are really long, or I have too many terminations to maintain signal strengh.

The only thing outside the box is the KSU, if they have one, otherwise the same appearance.

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 01-06-2005).]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason