If you read Marks (e57) reply again you will see that he does use these cabinets but not the modules.

I have nothing against using cabinets, just not that JUNK! For $100K I think you could be more "creative" and do something better!

And yeah, I get REAL grumpy when I get get called to service or add to a system installed with one of those and I have to jump through hoops because it's useless for what I have to do. Then you see the customer get real grumpy when they find out that it all needs to be replaced and what it's going to cost.

The point here is that any installation like this NEEDS TO BE MADE AS FLEXIBLE AS POSSIBLE to allow for future growth and changes. That simply isn't going to happen with this stuff that crams everything into a little box in a closet.

Maybe this issue isn't important in a small condo or residence but most of the residences around here will want data, CATV, satellite and key systems (PBX) with ever changing multiple lines and this doesn't all happen at once. Many times we are there after the fact and the house has been wired by some misguided individual who thought it was cool to use one of these "structured wiring" things. Unfortunately it's useless to us and all the wiring is usually too short when we go to remove it and throw it in the dumpster. [Linked Image] On top of that we have to mess with CATV and data because it's all in the same damn box!!

This isn't progress, this is the dumbing down of an industry. These things were created to make it easy for people with little or no knowledge of the data, CATV and telecom crafts to install these systems.

Sorry, but when you know what you are doing you build your own distribution to fit the circumstances.

-Hal