Thank you all, each of you, for your words of encouragement and your prayer time.

Charlie, I appreciate your post as I can't imagine facing the harsh realities you and your wife may be facing.

I mentioned to our pastor that I am "eternally optimistic" in both the figurative and the literal sense. I'm optimistic that Cody will do well and be cured in the immediate sense but I'm also optimistic in his eternal future as well just as I am with my other kiddos. As many know, I lost an infant daughter to a chromosome abnormality (similar to Down's Syndrome but fatal) and took great comfort after her death as each season and holiday approached that she was safe and enjoying eternity in God's kingdom and she surely understood more than even I did about the holy and joyful meanings behind the holiday celebrations like Easter and Christmas from her firsthand view.

Believe me, if it were solely up to me to carry this burden I would've fallen down and not gotten up a long time ago so I know to give it to God and not lean on my own understanding or strength! Cody's in good hands, that's for certain! [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by BuggabooBren (edited 10-09-2004).]