Eveything is inflating in price. Did the price of milk double for you? Fuel is just something we notice more.

I hate paying high prices at the pump but that is not hurt me too much.

28 Gallons of fuel a week at $2 a gal is $56 a week or $11.20 a day.

If the price doubles to $4 a gal it's $112 a week. That would cost me $11.20 a day more than $2 a gal.

What scares me is the price of material. I thought $3 a stick of 1/2" EMT was outragous until I saw at a home center sold out of 1/2" at $3.39 a stick (with a 100' per customer limet). With tax I'm looking at $3.64 a stick. For a small 500' EMT job it costs me more than $100 more in pipe.

If I break it down box to box. I have 1 rec connecting to another. The way it's built I have to pipe up and over and down. That's at least 25 feet of pipe with no waste. At the above price it's $9.10 for that 25'.

14 solid is $21.50 with tax or $0.04 per foot. Three wires run in that pipe with no waste 26' is $ 3.12 ($1.04x3).

I'm up to $12.22 for that run in material with out the box, ring, fittings, nuts, device, or trim plate.

I figure a few months ago the same material would cost me $5.52.

Overall pipe and wire for this run cost me $6.70 more (even more with waste). Multiply this times the number of runs like this you do in a day.

How much more can I charge before my accounts go shopping fo a new EC?

I would rather pay $4 a gallon than $4 a stick of 1/2".

Tom
BTW I drive a diesel too.