Sparky, I do realize that just because somebody writes a book about the code, that does not mean he must be an all-knowing electrical god.

I am going to try to make my point simple. The issue of table 310.15(B)(6) has come up, in some form, many times. So far, all I have heard from people on this site, as well as from fellow electricians in the field, is their own personal interpretation. Either that or the infamous "we've been doing it that way for XX years"! What I have done is to back-up my standing with an independent source. I spent some time researching this subject previously and can't find a single piece of textual evidence that supports the use of the aforementioned table for residential panels which do not carry the full load. The 14th Edition of "Electrical Wiring Residential" says that you can not.

Please, anyone, give me the name of one single book which will support your claims. I honestly want to purchase it. I must have read close to 100 opinions on this subject and, so far, I am the only one to back mine up. Like I said, I bought my residential wiring book from the bookstore on this site so it must be seen as having some merit. Since anybody can write a book and call themselves an expert in the field, surely one of you doubters can find a portion of text (among the countless in existence) that can be used to back up your statements.

Waiting...