This has absolutely nothing to do with Electricity at all.
But, what started out as a very real DARE 10-12 years ago, between myself and a mate of mine, has become, to a certain extent, especially during the Summer months, a very real hobby, even a job!.(Especially as far as Search and Rescue and Fire-fighting goes)
We had a dare, as to who could complete either thier Fixed-Wing or Rotary Wing Pilot's licence the quickest and also who could earn the large amount of money required to sit all of the exams, etc.
I figured that a Rotary Licence should be easier, after all, how hard can it be flying something that hovers by itself, almost!.
Well, I was in for a shock and a half, i went to the Aerodrome at Garden City Helicopters in Christchurch here and I was required to do all of these complex equations and Wind factors and so forth and I thought WHY?.
All up, it took me 3 weeks of theory and exams before I even saw a Helicopter.
Then came the Practical side, remember how I said that a Chopper hovers by it self?, it's all rubbish! [Linked Image]
Even after 10 years off and on of flying Choppers, I still have a LOT to learn, I've sat my Twin Gas Turbine and Instrument Ratings and I have been approached by the Westpac Helicopter Trust as to being a pilot for them, as a Full-time job.
But what I was willing to ask, was, have you ever been for a ride in a Chopper and what did you think of it (Good or Bad?)?.

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 08-23-2003).]