I am going to be drawing some references from two widely scattered locations: one in serious mountain / quake country, and another in a rural flatland on the fringe of hurricane country. If I had to, I would guess you're based in one of those heavily developed areas that simply don't want trailers, period. In any event, I'd look at more than just the NEC for guidance on this issue.

I see that Article 550 of the NEC, "Mobile Homes," does have buildings such as this one covered within its' scope (550.4). I also see that the NEC does allow for a permanent power connection (550.10A and I), and does not set any conditions (such as anchoring the building). Of interest also is that the NEC appears to limit service to 'non dwelling unit' mobile homes to 60-amps; that could be a problem for a commercial kiosk.

Yet a view of the standard of NVEnergy https://www.nvenergy.com/business/n...c_standards/images/SECTION_7/UM0001M.pdf shows an absolute assumption that the mobile home will be powered from a pedestal. The view of NVEnergy is relevant, as their area includes Sun Valley, Nv., location of the worlds' largest mobile home park.

The NVEnergy standards also call for protective barriers (bollards) where there is a danger of impact. I don't know about landlords in your areas, but I suspect property owners get nervous when you start punching holes in the parking lot and sinking bollards. (As if that trench they're digging isn't disruptive enough!).

Personally, I don't know where I stand on the matter. That kiosk can be readily shifted about simply by a snow plow pushing piles of snow about- or a distracted driver. Then again, a fixed pole or pedestal can also be hit - and you still have to make that final connection to the kiosk.

Scheineman ... that's a good observation, and I promise that the mast will be discussed once we've decided whether any sort of permanent service is appropriate.=

Last edited by renosteinke; 07/02/12 09:05 PM. Reason: Cat typed in something