(Getting WAY ahead of myself with this question-I'll be applying for my apprenticeship in April) [Linked Image]

You sparkys who are contractors, how many of you are one-man shops? If you are, are you planning to expand? And for you ECs with employees, how do you deal with employee issues and other demands of running a growing enterprise?

I've always thought that if I do become an EC years down the line, that I'd like to stay a one-man shop. That way I avoid the hassles of having employees, keep overhead low, have more personal control over my work and my interactions with customers, and avoid the demands of running a larger enterprise. In many ways, a one-man shop is simpler.

However, I can see the downsides of a one-man shop-can only take on so much work which limits income potential, if injured or taken ill your business is on hiatus until (unless) you recover, must wear many hats (marketer, bookkeeper, etc).

Still, I think keeping my future business small would be the best course for me. Comments?

The MacWire