My story;

Majority of work over the years has been with my Father (he is licensed EC). Work done by no more than 6 persons at any time (includes me and papa!). Normal work staff was three people, four if the "Push" calls for it.

Worked for a bunch of other ECs - with crews ranging from 4 persons upto 40 persons.

Last company I worked with (which was a GC with inhouse elect.), had around 15 or so field electricians. I was bouncing between P.M. work, surveys, designing things, Installing, and broom pushing (I push a mean 'ol broom!).
There were about 6 Electricians that I would consider "Journeyman" level, 2 others that I would consider "Foreman" position. The rest were just pulled in from the construction side to do cabling jobs, and have very little knowledge of the electrical trade.

Not working for this company anymore (Thank Goodness!!! One of the most recent LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG stories!).

On this subject, I have been presented with a Kick-A## Career Proposal!!!
From another GC whom is involved with +95% Bank related work, this company wants to develope an In-House Electrical Division - much like the setup at the other GC mentioned before.
They would like me to run this new division!!!
Means a lot to me (duhh, huh??? [Linked Image]...)

I would like to post a new thread about this here, so I'll do so later this weekend.

As this forum has been a 100 fold increase in personal developement for me, I would like to hear from you all and get some opinions.

Also, as situations arise, it's nice to know that there is an area to ask questions and get good answers!

Scott s.e.t.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!