Macwire,

The funny thing was that as my guys were leaving me one by one. I was going to stay in my own business. I was talking to my brother who worked for me and we were either going to have to get more help or take on less work. I got a friend of mine, who was also a contractor, was helping me. We would work together, when I had my crew, I would help him, when my crew left, he helped me. Like I was saying, I would have stayed in business, and I most likely would have gotten more help. Then my friend passed away. I was surprised that the towns actually asked me to be their inspector. The 1 construction official asked me for a resume. I said, that I was self employed for 15 years and I don't have a resume. He said, DUH! Make one one. Then he told me what the towns wanted to know. I was self employed, I worked with scouts, zoninbg board, etc., etc. After that, I was surprised to get hired. The biggest difference I have now being the AHJ and being self employed, is the freedom of my business. I could come and go almost at will when I was self employed. Now I have to watch the clock, and whose time I am on.