I learned a lesson today -
I learned ( or was reminded of) that you should always know who your talking to.
I inspected a job yesterday and turned it down for not having the commercial kitchen receptacles GFCI protected and panel schedules that were not descriptive enough. (They just stated Recepts. and lights.)
The EC said that that's how it's on the drawings.( both the lack of GFCIS & panel schedules) Asked him if he wanted me show it to him in the NEC and he said NO. Told him to correct it and call it in again.
Went there today to look at it again and this time there was more suits running around then I could count. I looked at the panels and was testing the GFCI's in the kitchen when some man came in and started a conversation about the job. He asked me if It was really necessary to have all those receptacles GFCI protected and wasn't what was on the approved drawings good enough? I told him no that the engineer should have known better then to draw it that way and that as far as the panel schedules go, I feel that is were the engineers fail. They know, or should know the NEC therefore they should know to be descriptive when it comes to the panel schedules.
That's when he handed me his card - He was the engineer that drew the drawings. He was on site doing a punch list.
Would I have changed my statement had I known who he was first? Not really, I would like to think I would have found a better way to say it though.

Last edited by luckyshadow; 01/21/09 07:30 PM. Reason: spelling