I don't guess I explained it quiet well enough. The pipe I'm trying to find is an empty 3/4" pvc run. The other pipe that has the wires from the panel,is rigid when it goes into the ground from the house, but pvc when it comes into the 6x6x4 "j" box in the yard. It goes under an asphalt driveway from the house, and this is about where my fish tape stops. I figure the pipe is corroded into. The wires in the pipe won't even budge.
The pipe I'm trying to locate is empty and comes back out of the 6x6x4 j box in the yard, and heads back in the direction of the house or garage,(it seems). That is the reason I'm trying to find where it goes, to see if I can tap into it (if it comes out on the other side of the driveway) then go under the house where I can take it back to the panel or "j" box under the house. I found out I can rent something like a metal detector that will trace my fish tape when I push it through. It cost $75.00 a day.I may have to go this route. I have one other option that may work. There is already a circuit in the j box that goes to an automatic gate, and a switch leg that goes to a post lamp down at their little bridge over their creek. I can get my hot feed from there, and use the switch leg for the lights I am going to install. The lights will pull approximately 9 amps (possibly- (3) 250wt. HPS floods, (1) 150 wt. HPS flood, and (1)100wt. HPS.) My only concern is when the gate shuts or possibly opens when the lights are on, it might create an overload and trip the breaker.
Hope this explains it better. Thanks... Steve